Background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Personal best 5K

So on Monday, July 4, I ran my best 5K race. I 've done the race (the Sunshine Festival on St. Simons Island) for the past two years. But this time, I finished in 26:40. Whoop whoop. Just add on 23 more miles and that will be my marathon. All done!

Me and 700 other runners (the guy in the bright green shirt won in 17 mins)

There I am!!

My favorite part of the race

YAY!

Also this weekend, Ash and I tried the Galloway Marathon Method. Quick backstory: Jeff Galloway is a super fast marathoner who has developed this run-walk system. It's different for everyone, but for me, I'd run three minutes and walk one. This keeps your muscles loose and lets you finish long distances with less fatigue (you wouldn't do it on your short 3-4 mile runs). Ashley and I did it for our five miler and it was ah-mazing. It went by super fast and we weren't tired at all. That's definitely something that we're going to be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment